Domain Snatcher

I was searching for a domain name from domain sellers which i believe to be very unique. I came across networksolutions.com yesterday to see if my selected domain name is available. The site looks okay. I tried their service and innocently typed in my domain name and the result was it is still available. I didn't buy it yet because I was hoping I could buy it another domain seller and there's a lot out in the net. Then I came across Y**** Business site and tried the same domain that I have previously searched on networksolutions.com and it said it is NOT available already. I was surprised because as far as I am concerned I didn't purchase any domain name yet. I used wh***.net to verify that domain name and the result? It is already owned by networksolutions.com in just a few minutes, imagine that!

I was enraged by this! Then I tried to check the name on that same site. And the result? It is available if you buy it from them! Now I realized they are on of those domain name investors around. Who buys domains(unique) and sell them at a higher price.

I though maybe I'll consider buying the domain name from them since it is just less than what I expected in a year's price. On the process of applying there are SO MANY bundles like additional hosting, web enhancement, what have you. I bypassed the bundles and on the way to check out, they still include the bundles? All I wanted is my domain and it is just like forcing me to buy the other bundles from them which I don't like!

This is the first time I have encountered and never on other people. Have you ever come across this situation? This serves as a warning to those who are going get you domain names registered. I highly disapprove using networksolutions.com's service to search for your targeted domain names.

Here are some tips to avoid this from happening:

1. First of all, think of a unique domain names as you can and write it down on paper.

2. After you have listed the names,
use the search bar on your favorite browser. This the easiest way to look in the net if your dream domain name is still available. You'll know this by checking if the domain is connect to a domain extension like domainname.com, domainname.net, domainname.org, to name a few.

3. Search on the domain seller if you finally decided to buy the
domain.

4. Be careful because if you accidentally misspelled it, there's no coming back to edit the domain. If that happens, you end up buying another domain. That's ok if you have lot's of money to start with.

5. Enjoy your new domain. If you have your website ready on a host then share it to friends, family and online communities to gain traffic.

Happy searching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really similar to my domain. I logged in to my old host, which is weird 'coz its been years but my account is still there, and I checked my domain, it was available. but then when I checked it the day after, it was not available. registered by my old host. tsk tsk. Thank God they released it today.

Musko Bajista said...

Well at least we have learned our lesson now and knows what to do next time.