Bass Guitar

I will start my entries on music and bass guitar in particular which is one of my favorite musical instrument by the way. As far as I remember I already started played the bass guitar when I was 15. What I can say basically one of the most important part in this craft is the word "PRACTICE". Now, I'm not emphasizing one essential part from the other because that's is why it is called essentials. When these parts are put together in playing the bass or any particular instrument make perfect sense.

Theory is also is important. Even if you practice everyday with no less than two hours a day and not know what you're playing about well guess what, you might be playing off-note.

The next thing among essentials is having a good ear. Having a good ear means that you can play the bass or the musical instrument you're specializing by ear. It is not really to force yourself into have a perfect ear but a good sense of hearing music and play it on your own. There is always a freedom to revised any song and make it your own. In fact I encourage you to create your own style and go beyond and tap into the resources of your creative mind.

And the last thing for me I believe is character. Have you ask yourself how well would I be in a band setting? Or what is your attitude towards other musician? How do you regard them as part of the team whether he/she is a professional or a beginner?

In many cases there will be misunderstandings between you and your team mates. How do you react to the situation determines the success of the team and will also reflect yourself as a musician. Try not to be a show off or somebody will turned off. Be honest of yourself. Focus on what you need to achieve. Have fun! Don't do it for the money(if you can) and do what you love to do and the rewards will be great later on.

I will make an effort to post at least once a week regarding bass guitar lesson. I won't make it a promise but as long as I play I will post my thoughts and other inputs for you to use for free!

Next time I will start with the basics on bass guitar.

No comments: